Nov 21, 2010

Photographica fair in Houten (NL) & Google Books

Today is the traditional November photographica fair in Houten in the Netherlands. I can't give you an impression, I can't take a snap with my phone and show it here. I'm not there. I used to go in the 1980's and 1990's. For weeks I looked forward to it. It was a bit like Santaclaus of my youth. But gradually the antique cameras and other stuff disappeared. They were replaced with 'modern' cameras and accesories from the 1960, '70 and '80. I read in society journal PHT that it is getting worse every year, with second hand radios and such things. It is no fun anymore and that is why I am not there now.

Enough grumbling for today. Here's some positive news. I discovered that I can make my own library in GoogleBooks. The only thing you have to do is search for the title and click a button to add it to your library. You even can make different 'bookshelfs'. What is best: you can search your library full text (!!!!). You can find every word in all the books you have. Wow!
Click the link on the right to go to my Google Library. There are 56 books at the moment, but more will be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment