Mar 5, 2011

Photohistorisch tijdschrift and other things

Yesterday issue number 1, 2011, of the Dutch photographica collectors society journal, called Photohistorisch Tijdschrift, dropped on the door mat. Again it contains a nice mixture of articles. On the cover a color photo of a charming simple boxcamera build it yourself kit, the Starr Cora. Inside (among other articles) a story on the (un)wanted sharpness in CdV's. Also an article on high speed photography, with a number of interesting photographs of bullets flying through playing cards or nuclear explosions. The operation of the special cameras is well explained. Also the intriguing photos of 3 artists: Fieret, Tichý, Heyboer. Then there is my own article on the Eastman Interchangeable View camera and the article on the 1949/1950 Starr Cora kit. All in color! If you don't speak Dutch I can only advise to learn it, so you can read our journal.

My No. 4 Folding Kodet Junior is back in the country again, but the customs are holding it because they don't understand what is going on. I'll call them monday and see if I can explain that the camera is on it way back to the owner after it has been restored.

I haven't been able to find a good answer to the question about the mysterious printing frame. I even asked Captain Kodak (ol' time Kodak collectors will know who it is), but he didn't know. What I could find is a hint in a 1896 Catalog (thanks to Charlie Kamerman's website). Here's a snippet view.
So maybe it is a 'special' but I really don't know.

At eBay there's a Eastman Pinhole camera for sale. Still 2 days to go. The camera was built from a kit that was sold, I believe, around 1930. Years ago I had an unassembled set in my collection, consisting of a big yellow envelope, a number if carton pieces, a pin to make the pinhole with and an instruction booklet. It was a nice and rare kit, but I have sold it because it didn't fit in my collection. Here is a pic of the camera on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment