Apr 17, 2011

Busy, busy, busy....

Yep, I'm so busy with all sorts of things photohistoric that I barely have the time to update my blogpage.
First of all I wrote the first draft of the Scheimpflug article. I have to streamline it thorougly to get a good story with head, body and tail.
I got great help from a collector of postcards in Austia and from someone who is working at the Technisches Museum Wien. Many thanks to them.

Besides the writing of the Scheimpflug story I received a question from the New York staff of Discovery Channel about the Stereo Kodak Model 1 camera. Nice that they found me and trusted me so much as to ask me for information. They needed the answer within a day, so I had to dig up all I could find in the hour between supper and a visit to my mother in law. Nevertheless the information was much appreciated. One of these days I'm going to update the page on my website with the info I found.

Also I tried to find something about the Blair Folding Kamerette camera, or Blair 400, as it is called sometimes (see illustration on the right). There's not much information about it on the internet or in the books I have, but I dug up an interesting article about Blair in the Photographist no. 47 of 1980. You can find it here.

Then Charlie Kamerman was so kind to send me a link to his page with all the wooden boxes in which the 7 original stringset Kodaks were packed. He has a truly amazing and unique collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment