Jun 12, 2011

Scheimpflug again

The Scheimpflug file is growing steadily. Today I added 38 photos to Flickr, all connected to Theodor. With the QR code in the article in Photohistorisch Tijdschift readers will be able to see them on their smart phone or computer, just by scanning the code. The photos will also be part of the Scheimpflug file on my http://www.kodaksefke.eu/ site. After uploading them to Flickr I embedded them in my site as a slideshow. Also I have started to add photos to a map in Flickr. During the next days I will experiment with this, to see what the possibillities are.

A few days ago I was able to locate a Gustav Kammerer portrait on the net, so I have added that one too. Kammerer was Scheimpflugs assistent and co-worker in the second part of the 1900s. He died in a blimp accident in 1914.
Also I have been searching for a photo of prof. Ernst Mayer (1839-1926), the person from whom Theodor first heard about photogrammetry and who triggered his lifelong interest in the matter. Unfortunately I have not been able to find it until now.
The third person who I am going to trace down is Emmy Neumann, friend of Theodor. I have not much hope of finding a photo, but who knows... I have found the digitized address books of Vienna, and maybe they contain some lead to her. You'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment